Junior Internal Sales
All About Us
Barclay & Mathieson (B+M Steel) has over 130 years’ experience as steel stockholders in the UK; we now operate from 15 locations around the country, from Aberdeen down to Winchester and Sittingbourne across to Bangor.
We supply an extensive range of products to a diverse mix of customers ranging from Home DIY, Agricultural Engineers, Domestic Building Trade to Multinational Engineering companies.
Industry leading service is our number one priority and everything we do is built around that ethos.
All About The Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a driven, passionate individual for a Junior Internal Sales role. This position would be ideal for someone looking to begin a career in a busy sales environment where there is huge potential to learn, develop & progress.
Specific Tasks Include
- Sourcing new sales opportunities and developing existing customer base.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Develop relationships with key accounts so that clear communication lines are open.
- Help to develop new business, ensuring potential clients are aware of what our business has to offer.
- Raising Sales Orders, check stock availability and raising quotations
- Process sales enquiries / orders and see all administration through to completion, ensuring excellent levels of customer service.
We offer you
- Highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, Pension, Bonus Potential.
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills For The Role
- Excellent Communication Skills, with the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and roles, via telephone and face to face.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a positive attitude and a desire to succeed.
- Team player who can work individually but also contribute in a busy team environment
- Enjoys working to targets and KPI’s.
How it feels to work for us
Our aim is to offer industry leading customer service from initial contact through to delivery of goods, to do that we only employ the best possible people. With a culture of continual improvement we offer a friendly, progressive environment which allows or teams to develop their skills and contribute to a successful business.
This position is located at our Preston depot.
Please apply in writing to, with a CV to:
Or contact 07850023815 for more information