At BM Steel, we have a great selection of different GRP Profiles available. Manufactured from glass reinforced isophthalic polyester resin with E glass fibre, a continuous strand mat and a polyester surface veil as the surface layer. This combination gives excellent corrosion resistance and long-life durability.
Because GRP Profiles are so durable and weather resistant, they are incredibly versatile and often make good substitutes for timber and steel as they are cost-effective and can provide an extra level of safety as they are weather-resistant and have low thermal conductivity. They are also incredibly lightweight in comparison to other materials, making them easy to transport.
At BM Steel, we have a huge variety of different GRP profiles, ranging from square and rectangular box sections, beams, flat strips, circular tubes and ladder rungs. Contact a member of our expert team today to discuss your specific requirements.
Key Benefits of GRP Profiles
• GRP profiles are easy to handle and quick to install due to their lightweight
• No heavy lifting equipment needed
• Extremely versatile - suitable for walkways, platforms, ladders, and handrails
• A cost-effective alternative to steel, aluminium and timber
• Low electric & thermal conductivity
• High Impact Tolerance – will not chip or crack
• Chemical & F Resistant
• Suitable in most environments
• Typical uses in the fabrication of stairs, access platforms, ramps and step access cable/pipe walkovers